This page is dedicated to the 2,109 men, including 85 officers, who were on board at 1100 hours, 30 April 1942 when the ship was put in commission. Following tradition dating back to wooden ships, men who put a ship in commission own a plank of the main deck. Fortunately, this tradition survives to this day, despite the fact that the main deck is now steel.
416 plank owners were still on board the Indiana when she passed under the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco Bay on 29 September 1945
This web page has been subdivided into 20 web pages to reduce loading time. If printed out, the entire Plank Owners web page requires 109 sheets of paper.
Plank Owners Names
- A Abernethy, John Robert thru Azotea, Robert J.
- B Babb, David Joseph thru Byxbe, Carl W.
- C Cabler, Richard Elbert thru Cutright, David W.
- D D'Antico, Frank Anthony thru Dziedzic, Albert John
- E Eaker, Forrest D. thru Eyman, Lawrence W.
- F Facchiano Sr., Anthony J. thru Futrell, Carl --
- G Gaffney, John Francis thru Guzzo, Anthony J.
- H thru I Haag, Leo Andrew thru Izon, Thomas F.
- J Jabbonsky, Rudolph Max thru Justice, Harold Edwin
- K Kaminski, J. --- thru Kwiatkowsky, George ---
- L La Montagne, Joseph Josephat thru Lyons, John Henry
- M MacPherson, Thomas --- thru Myers, Earl Edmund
- N Naginewicz, Peter John thru Nunn, Henry Philip
- O O'Boyle, Francis Xavier thru Ozga, Matthew J.
- P thru Q Paccia, Nicolas --- thru Quintana Jr., Jose L.
- R Raby, Jay Thomas thru Ryerson, John Roy
- S Sabo, William D. thru Szatkowski, Eugene Raymond
- T thru V Taber, Jack Elsworth thru Voorhees, Russell Alfred
- W thru Z Waddel, Myron A. thru Zygmont, Stanley J.
Ship's Log, USS Indiana (BB-58)
Washington, DC, 1942-1946
Quarterly Muster Lists, USS Indiana (BB-58)
June, 1942 to October, 1946 (Microfilm)
Monthly Report of Personnel Changes, USS Indiana (BB-58)
May, 1942 to October, 1946 (Microfilm)
Benjamin M. Givens, Jr.
USS Indiana BB58 Data Base
Vienna, VA, 1987-2002
Last Updated 24 August 2000
All the world's a stage
Click on any [Item] below to go to that page
[Return to BB-58 Home Port Page]
[History of USS Indiana]
[Launching of USS Indiana]
[Commissioning of USS Indiana]
[Shipboard Life Photos]
[E-Mail Addresses Descendants]
[Relics and Artifacts]
[Web Site Content]
© 1998-2011 Benjamin M. Givens, Jr.